Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announced for iOS and Android

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announced for iOS and Android

Post by Gambid »

Netherrealm Studios has just announced the mobile version of Mortal Kombat X for iOS and Android devices. From the released trailer and press release the game seems similar to the mobile version of Injustice: Gods Among Us. Fans will also be delighted to know, that the mobile version will include Finishing Moves and will integrate with the Console/PC versions. Take a look at the press release and trailer for more information:
Mortal Kombat X Mobile Scorpion Vs Ermac 02 Mortal Kombat X Mobile Scorpion Vs Ermac
BURBANK, Calif. – March 2, 2015 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced Mortal Kombat X , a free-to-play fighting/card-battler hybrid that delivers the next evolution in mobile fighting games for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Android users. Developed by award-winning NetherRealm Studios, the game delivers striking graphics and brings a custom Mortal Kombat fighting gameplay experience anywhere, anytime through the accessibility of mobile devices. Mortal Kombat X will be available April 2015 on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices.
“NetherRealm Studios has created a Mortal Kombat X mobile experience that allows more players than ever before to play this over-the-top fighting game through their ever-present smartphones, tablets or other devices,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “What’s more, we’ve expanded the unique cross-connectivity feature that links the mobile and console versions of Mortal Kombat X, delivering unique rewards to all players for simply playing the mobile game.”
Mortal Kombat X Mobile Ermac Vs Sub Zero Mortal Kombat X Mobile Scorpion Spear
As the next evolution of mobile fighting games, the Mortal Kombat X mobile game will feature a hybrid of fighting, card collecting, multiplayer team combat and more, featuring shocking Fatalities, legendary Mortal Kombat characters like Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Raiden as well as the Next generation of Kombatants. The Mortal Kombat X mobile game will showcase the iconic visceral combat with the vicious graphics that Mortal Kombat fans love, along with brutal Fatalities, x-rays and more.
Mortal Kombat X Mobile Scorpion Vs Sub Zero Fatality 01 Mortal Kombat X Mobile Scorpion Vs Sub Zero Fatality 02 Mortal Kombat X Mobile Scorpion Vs Sub Zero Fatality 03
The console and PC versions of Mortal Kombat X will be available worldwide on April 14, 2015. Once launched, players who own the forthcoming console or PC versions of the game will be able to unlock content in the mobile game and vice versa by signing up for a WB Play account and completing tasks and achievements within each version.[/i]
Mortal Kombat X Mobile Scorpion Vs Reptile 01 Mortal Kombat X Mobile Sub Zero Vs Scorpion
The trailer has a very nostalgic factor to it, so we thought it would be cool to make some screenshots of the footage with classic games:
Mortal Kombat X Mobile Trailer Mk1 02 Mortal Kombat X Mobile Trailer Mk1 Mortal Kombat X Mobile Trailer Umk3 02 Mortal Kombat X Mobile Trailer Umk3
Visit our Mortal Kombat X section for all available Mortal Kombat X information. Want to talk about Mortal Kombat X, take a look at our Mortal Kombat X forum.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
rocksoldier1990
Mortal
XBox Live: Axel Ridd

Re: Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announced for iOS and Android

Post by rocksoldier1990 »

Windows phones out from the party... For another time...
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Post by Roy Arkon »

I just hope that it doesn't mean that you must have both versions in order to unlock content for one of the versions that you can't do normally, or at least that I don't have to pay more money playing the mobile version (in free to play mobile games you need to pay money in order to progress the games), or at the very least, that I won't have to pay that much money or that the content isn't really that improtant for the console versions. As long as that's the case, I'm fine by that. The mobile version does look awesome though.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

I can imagine that this is exactly what it means. This was how it was with Injustice at the beginning. I think later all changed but initially there was content which was only unlockable if you have the other version.
I Rule This World!

Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Gambid wrote:I can imagine that this is exactly what it means. This was how it was with Injustice at the beginning. I think later all changed but initially there was content which was only unlockable if you have the other version.
Then like I said, I hope that the unlockable content isn't that important, or at least I won't have to go through a huge paywall, or maybe the path to that content will be free of charge.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

The way it was with Injustice. It was enough to register an account for the Mobile version to get unlock content on the console version.
I Rule This World!

Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Gambid wrote:The way it was with Injustice. It was enough to register an account for the Mobile version to get unlock content on the console version.
As far as I know the unlockables for console verions on the mobile one were some alternate costumes. If that's gonna be the case for MKX, then that's sounds cool and all but unless those costumes in MKX's mobile are gonna be really good, I'm not sure if I'm gonna get the mobile version.

Return to “News Articles”